Marian Engineering College always focuses its activities to solve unemployment problem that exist in the society. We identify all possible ways by which our students can achieve a successful career. Even though a good number of students are recruited by companies through campus recruitment, we also help to mould themselves as job providers, not as job seekers.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) focus its activities keeping this as its prime motto. Students are encouraged to think out of the syllabus to identify problems, which can’t be solved, and to develop a product as outcome of solution. They are given end to end support through which they can file a patent and market the product. Lots of successful startups are functioning in the campus and incubated in the Marian Technology Incubation Centre. Students attend lot of technology seminars and hands on trainings, through which they can improve their technical skill and sharpen their thought process. The IEDC is affiliated to Kerala Startup Mission at Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram.
The following are the activities carried out in the campus:
- A 3D-printing workshop was conducted on 22-7-10-2016,for the IEDC members and few other students.
- Conducted a seminar on SMART PROTOCOL for the IEDC members at R & D seminar on 08-08-2016. The session was handled by Dr.DeborshiDe, CEO, smart management consultancy, Kolkata.
- A programme on ‘creative thinking’ was conducted for the benefit of students of Marian Startup Boot camp on 4th April, 2016.Session was handled by Dr.Martin Payyapally, Academy of success, T.V.P.M.
- A batch of ten students was sent for studying the facilities at the Fab-lab at Technopark on 2/4/16.
- Entrepreneurship awareness camp was conducted on 18/03/2016, organised by Mr.Rajan Nair from EDII & Mr.Vishal from KSUM Technopark.
- For the first year students numbering 434, a training was given byProf. Sherin Sam Jose on ‘Innovation and product development’ on 1st, 2nd and 4th February 2016.
- An interactive session was arranged for all second year students on 17/12/15, with Shri. Jyothi Kumar, Executive Director, KSIDC.
- Startup GRIND’ powered by Google for entrepreneurs launch event at Travacore Hall, Park Centre, Technopark, was a half-day programme. This was attended by ten students and the nodal offer on 30/10/15.
- An idea contest was held by Marian Startup Boot camp on 15/10/15 by WE School at the College, out of twenty contestants two have been selected for finals at Bangalore.
- ‘YES CAN’ a programme conducted by KSIDC at Ernakulam, was attended by ten students and the nodal officer on 12/9/15.