Infosys Campus Connect
Infosys Campus Connect - Architect the Education Experience
Infosys Ltd. launched Campus Connect, an industry-academia partnership initiative, in May 2004, with 60 colleges. The initiative was aimed at deepening the industry-academia bonds and building a strong foundation for the future needs of both academia and the growing IT industry. The nationwide initiative, now global, focuses on creating industry-ready IT professionals, by aligning engineering talent with the needs of the industry.
The goal is to build a sustainable partnership with engineering education institutions in India and abroad for mutual benefit; producing "industry ready" recruits.
The objective in launching the CC programme is to enhance the quality and quantity of the IT talent-pool; sustain the growth of the IT industry itself. Infosys CC intends to increase the employability of students and to have a consistent output, irrespective of all variables involved.
As per predictions, by the year 2040, Asia, especially the Indian subcontinent will have the maximum number of working professionals in the world. The future looks bright and promising...all we need to do is work towards it.
Campus Connect is supported by strategic initiative governance model with well defined roles, responsibilities, core processes and budgets. The following diagram illustrates the program team organization
Infosys Campus Connect has the following "Trademark" programmes
- Foundation Programme (Generic)
- Faculty Enablement Programme
- Soft Skills Programme
- Student Industrial Visit
- Deep Dive Technology: Train the Trainer Programme
Our Infosys Campus Connect
Prof K Dhananjayan ,the college representative signed the MoU with Infosys on December 20,2013 at Infosys ,Bangalore.
As a part of Infosys CC, the following events were conducted:
- A Campus Connect Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on "Foundation Program 3.1 (FP 3.1)" conducted from 27th January 2014 - 31st January 2014, by Infosys Limited, Mysore, was attended by Ms. Sajini Nirmal.
- A Campus Connect Road show was conducted at Marian Engineering College on 28th January 2014 by Mr. Hari S, Infosys. The Seminar and road show was attended by the Staff and students of Computer Science Department.
- A Campus Connect Train the Trainer Program on "Sprucing up Mobile Applications using Android", a three day full time program co-hosted by Infosys Limited, Trivandrum and Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady, Thrissur from 3rd February 2014 - 5th February 2014 and held at Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady, Thrissur was attended by Ms. Sheeja Agustin and Mr. Robert.
- A Peer Enablement Program was conducted by Ms. Sajni Nirmal at Marian Engineering College on 15th February 2014. The objective of the Peer Enablement Program FEP was to enable all the core-team members.
- Prof.K.Dhananjayan and Prof.Tomy Michael attended the Campus Connect Principal's Meet 2014 conducted at Infosys Limited, Trivandrum on 14th March 2014.
- A Campus Connect Train the Trainer (TTT) Program on "Responsive Web Design Using JQuery Mobile", a three day full time program co-hosted by Infosys Limited, Trivandrum and Lourdes Matha College of Science and Technology, Trivandrum from 4th June 2014 - 6th June 2014, and held at Lourdes Matha College of Science and Technology, Trivandrum, was attended by Ms. Remya U.L and Ms.Simi Margaret.
- A Campus Connect Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on "Foundation Program 4.0 (FP 4.0)" conducted from 16th March 2015 - 18th March 2015, by Infosys Limited, was attended by Ms. Simi Margaret and Ms.Mercelin Francis at Nehru College of Engineering and Research Center, Pambady, Thrissur, Kerala.
- A Campus Connect Train the Trainer(TTT) program on "Fundamentals of Python Programming" from 14th March to 16th March 2016, by Infosys Limited, was attended by Ms.Simi Margaret and Ms.P.V.Merlin Shoerio at Nehru College of Engineering and Research Center, Pambady, Thrissur, Kerala.
- A Campus Connect Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on "Mobile Application Development using Android" conducted from 20th June to 24th June 2016, by Infosys Limited, was attended by Ms. P.V.Merlin Shoerio and Ms.Mercelin Francis at Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kalady, Kerala.
- A Campus Connect Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on "Big Data and Analytics" conducted from 22nd August to 26th August 2016, by Infosys Limited, was attended by Ms. Jyothi Johnson and Ms.Keerthi Krishnan at Infosys Limited, Mangalore Development Centre(SEZ campus), Karnataka.