Indian Geotechnical society initiated with 5 student chapters for various engineering colleges in Trivandrum. IGS Student Chapter Marian Engineering College started in the month of March 2018 with a strength of 282 student members. It was inaugurated by Dr G. V. Rao, IIT Delhi.IGS is intended to promote the students to develop organisation skills, communication abilities and to improve the technical knowledge through field visits, talks, scope of developing the practice skills by linking with IGS consultancy works. Students interactive skills will be improved by organising programmes with the neighbouring engineering colleges.
- 18 Feb 2018 - IGS Student Chapter inauguration at CET
- 6 April 2018-IGS Quiz ASCENDIO 2k18 at CET
- 20 Feb 2018- IGS Student Members selected at MEC
- 14 sep & 3 Oct 2018- IGSMA 2K18 prelims and Finals
- Nov 6 2018- Jadayu Visit
Activity Report 2018-19
- Currently, IGS student members extended to 399 by May 2019. New executive committee members have taken their charge with effect from 14.05.2019.
New executive committee members of IGS Student chapter with HOD and Mentors
- Members Visited to SPT & pile driving site on 25/10/19
- Visited geotextile factory, Padmanabha puram palace & Poovar Floating structures on 02/11/19
- S3, S5, S7 & Mtech students visited Soil Museum
- Expert talk on Professional excellence & latest trends in Civil Engineering by Mr. Sreekanth APV, Executive Director, Arcadis Asia - on 28/01/2020
- Conducted Expert talk on Basics on making quality concrete & introduction to green concrete concepts by Mr. Shyamkumar Syamaprasad, CEO & Director, CETARC on 04/02/2020