Student Welfare Committee
Student Welfare Committee endeavours to help a student’s educational process to advance their academic as well as personal abilities. The committee works for the overall welfare of the student in terms of student development which consist of student development program ,student publication, counselling of the students, co curricular activities and many more. The committee organises various events and workshops to enhance the skill set of students like Talk Show, Workshops, Debate Competition, Quiz Competition, Painting competition and Photography competitions
- * Listening to student’s problems and understanding what is required for their development in any manner.
- * Assisting the students in their learning process which includes not just academics but also the practical learning experience.
- * Conducting periodic meetings to talk over student welfare. Various co curriculum activities, facilitating student interests are organized for personality development of students.
- * Building a true entrepreneur in students and making them fit enough to co ordinate events in both college and inter-college levels.
Members of Student Welfare Committee
● Ms. Sumitra.k, Assistant Professor , EEE Dept STUDENT
● Mr. Daniel A Pereira, EEE Dept (Chairman)
● Mr. Nandha Gopal,MECH Dept (Secretary)
● Mr. Al Shifan SH, CS Dept (Media coordinator)
● Mr. Sajin Salim,Civil Dept (Academic/Quiz Coordinator)
● Mr. Pangaj Madhu,EC Dept (Event Coordinator)
● Mr. Brightson Basil, EEE Dept (Debate club Secretary)
EVENTS CONDUCTED IN THE YEAR 2019-20
● IDP Session on Higher Education (26/08/2019).
● Mobile Photography Competition (30/08/2019).
● Gandhi Jayanti Essay Writing Competition (04/10/2019).
● Debate Competition (Malayalam) (11/10/2019).
● Quiz Competition Prelims (25/10/2019) Final (26/10/2019).
● Civil Service Preparation Programme (20/01/2020).
● Suchitwa Mission by Haritha Kerala Mission (21/01/2020).
● Debate Competition (English) (31/01/2020)
UPCOMING EVENTS 2019-20
● Photography Exhibit
● Mini Hackathon
● Mock Interview training
● Orator Competition
● Group Discussion
● Paper Presentation
● Brainstorming event
● Idea Pitching
EVENTS CONDUCTED IN THE YEAR 2018-19
● Talk show on ‘Cyber security’ by E.Shareefuddin IPS.
● Session on ‘Higher education and Career Opportunities in European countries' by Rajesh Waidyar.
● Session on ‘Higher Education opportunities in Australia’ by IDP.
● Session on ‘Higher education in management and importance of aptitude training’ by TIME Institute.
● Inauguration of Debate and Quiz club of Marian engineering college followed by a friendly debate.
● Debate competition involving students from all depts.
● Photography Exhibit.
A session on " Higher Education Opportunities in Australia' was conducted by IDP, co-Owner of IELT