Student Welfare Committee
Student Welfare Committee of Marian Engineering College was Constituted in Oct 2018 for the general and specific well-being of students. Student Welfare Committee endeavours to help a student’s educational process to advance their academic as well as personal abilities. The committee works for the overall welfare of the student in terms of student development which consist of student development program ,student publication, counselling of the students, co curricular activities and many more. The committee conducts various activities to enhance the skill set of students like Talk shows, work shops, Debate and Quiz competition, Photography and Painting exhibits.
Student welfare committee works on some basic functions for the welfare of a student which includes the following:
o Listening to their problems and understanding what is required for their development in any manner. Assisting the students in their learning process which includes not just academics but also the practical learning experience.
o Conducting periodic meetings to talk over student welfare. Various co curriculum activities, facilitating student interests are organized for personality development of students
Members of Student Welfare Committee
- Ms. Sumitra.k, Assistant Professor , EEE Dept ( Convener)
- Ms. Minnu Jayan , Assistant Professor , ECE Dept
- Ms. Elsa Sony, Assistant Professor, Civil Dept
- Mr. Rahul.R.S , Assistant Professor, Mechanical Dept
- Ms. Nishley Joseph, Assistant Professor ,Computer Science Dept
- Ms. Ananswara Johny, Assistant Professor ,Maths Dept
- Sr. Mercy Mathew
- Sr. Celine Joseph, Counselor
- Ms. Marykutty R., Counselor
- Pranav , S8 M2, Chairman
- Hari Krishnan, S8 R1, Secretary
- Ajmal Shajahan, S8C1, Foreign students welfare Coordinator
- Gopika, S8 EE, Academic Coordinator
- Akhila, S8T1, Event Coordinator
Details of activities conducted during the academic year 2018-2019
- Talk show on ‘Cyber security’ by E.Shareefudeen IPS
- Session on ‘Higher education and Career Opportunities in European countries' by Rajesh Waidyar
- Session on ‘Higher Education opportunities in Australia’ by IDP
- Session on ‘Higher education in management and importance of aptitude training’ by TIME institute.
- Inauguration of Debate and Quiz club of Marian engineering college followed by a friendly debate
- Debate competition involving students from all depts.
- Photography exhibition by students of MEC.
- Quiz Competition
- Debate Competition
- Paper Presentation
A session on " Higher Education Opportunities in Australia' was conducted by IDP, co-Owner of IELT