Mr. Ajin Thomas, Director of Global Business at POLUS SOLUTIONS, interacted with 2nd year CSE students on 29th November 2023
On November 24, 2023, FOSS cell of Marian Engineering College organized the "Under the HOUR" programming event from 1 PM to 2 PM. The event received 34 registrations from various departments and aimed to encourage students to develop an interest in Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) and competitive programming, which are essential skills for job interviews.
The contest took place on the HackerRank platform, with a custom question set created by Aasish Raj R R , s5r1 student and hosted by Govind S B of S5R1. Participants had one hour to solve the problem.
The top three winners were Arjun J (S3 AH , first place), Shibin Sha (S3R1, second place), and Abhijith Jayakumar (S3AH ,third place). The first prize included a cash reward and all top three contestants received a T-shirt.
The "Under the HOUR" event was successful in promoting interest in DSA and competitive programming, and we plan to organize similar events in the future to support our college's programming culture.
Students showcased their projects in the exbibition Oxpo 2023 at The Oxford School (location) on 10th November 2023. Student Representatives: Ayush Sivan and Muhammad Sabith (Team A), Amarnath (S3R1), Malavika T R, and Lydia Brune (S3R2).They presented their ideas at Oxpo 2023 to students, parents, and teachers.
A two day " Project Exhibition " on Sustainable Energy and Conservation was conducted at CS department, Marian Engineering College on 30/10/2023 and 31/10/2023
Inauguration of Department Association MACS 2023-2024 on 9th October 2023
Inauguration by MS.Deepa Nair, Senior Manager Human Resource, 6D Technologies
Invited talk by Ms.Aswin P Chandran, CEO, Simple Logic Solutions Pvt Ltd. Talk on "Multiple Avenues in IT Inductry".
Two internship programmes were conducted in collaboration with ICT academy related to “Full Stack Development” and “Machine Learning & AI” on May 2023 for interested students from first, second and third year , under the coordination of Prof. Keerthi Krishnan.
Hustle –Treasure hunt is an exciting and adventurous game involving searching for hidden or buried treasures using clues, puzzles, and maps like a treasure hunt. This event was conducted by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Marian Engineering College in association with the Marian Association of Computer Science (MACS). The event
S Praneel,Akhil Krishna U, Athul S George, Ananya Kurian of S8 CSE got financial assistance of 50,000 for their project Web Accessible –Video Conferencing App with sign language recognition system and their principal investigator is Dr. Sheeja Agustinwas held as a part of the Intercollegiate Tech Fest on the 27th of April, 2023
KTU sponsored the FDP on “Industrial IoT and cyber physical systems” was conducted on April 2023 coordinated by Dr.Sheeja Agustin, Professor, Dept. of CSE.
Inauguration of National Cyber Resource Centre on 03/06/2022
Inauguration of IOT & Cyber Physical Systems Lab on 06/05/2022
Talk on "Emerging Trends in Cyber Security" on 19th February 2020
KTU sponsored the FDP on “Industrial IoT and cyber physical systems” was conducted on April 2023 coordinated by Dr.Sheeja Agustin, Professor, Dept. of CSE.
Our Students of 2019-2023 Batch published a journel in IEEE site under the guidance of Prof.Reeja S L - Mr.Visakh Bobby, Mr.S Praneel, Mr.Gokul Krishna S, Mr.Athuljith A S ----> Click here for detail
Our students S Praneel,Akhil Krishna U, Athul S George, Ananya Kurian developed a project titled "Si-Link: Video Conferencing System with Web Accessibility" in association with National Center for Assistive Health Technology (NCAHT) and Centre for Assistive Technology and Innovation (CATI) under the guidance of Ms. Raji N.R, Assistant Professor and In-charge, Department of Computer Science, DHI, NISH and Dr. Priyalakshmi S, Project Scientist, NCAHT, NISH.
Talk on “Full Stack Framework and Career Guidance” was delivered by Networkz Systems as an activity for 2nd and 3rd year students on April 2023.
A three day workshop on “Machine Learning Using Python” attended by Girls students of second and third year at ICFOSS, Trivandrum as an activity of FOSS cell on December 2022.
Marian Association of Computer Science (MACS-2022) was inaugurated by Sri. Pramodh Pillai (Vice President, Data Analytics and Devops, Experion Technologies) on November 2022 and an awareness program on Assistive Technology was conducted in association with NISH, Trivandrum - on the same day. Technology was conducted on November 2022.
Mr,.Jith James Fernandez is one among the top two percent of all the successful candidates of B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in the year 2021 unde KTU
Mr.Abey of first year CSE is the developer and founder of Abey Games,founded in a vision to make the best games for the future. Games developed are SURF,HEXTRIS which are available in Google playstore.
Mr. MidhunSankar J of first year CSE has written and produced the music and the background score for “EMILY”- a 2part thriller short-series directed by Sabin Babu starring VincyAloshious and Shyam Mohan. The series shows us the twisted mind of humans and how one can never be truly good or evil.
* Inauguration of National Cyber Resource Centre was on 03/06/2022
* This is an initiative taken by the National Cyber Safety and Security, Standards (NCSSS) in association with various state and Central Governments to curb and reduce the notoriously spreading Cyber threats from various directions and dimensions. It is the responsibility of any Government to safeguard the nation from such current threats in the Cyber space towards National security.
* Inauguration of IOT & Cyber Physical Systems Lab on 06/05/2022
* Department of computer science and engineering, Marian Engineering College signed an MOU with M/S Mathiimigal Tech. (P) Ltd., A software and product based company in Bangalore.
* A two day’s workshop on “IOT based project” was conducted on 6/05/2022 and 07/05/2022 in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. The workshop was organised by the CSI,MEC chapter in association with the Company Mathiimigal Tech. (P) Ltd., Bengaluru.
* A Quiz competition – ‘TECHNOPHILE’ was conducted on 07th June 2021 by the Association of Computer Science& Engineering through the Quizizz platform.
* A two-day National Conference on Emerging Technologies in Smart Systems (NCETSS-2021) in association with Marian Association of Computer Science (MACS) on 6th and 7th July 2021. The conference was inaugurated by the chief Guest Shri. Pramodh Pillai, Group Project Manager, Data and Analytics Unit, Infosys Limited. The keynote inaugural address for the conference was delivered by Shri. Pramodh Pillai. Dr.AnanthaNarayanan V., Asst. Professor, CSE, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore gave an invited talk on “Enabling Technologies for Smart Systems”.
*A third term of AICTE Sponsored Online STTP on “Artificial Intelligence and Applications”was conducted from 23rdAugust to 28th August 2021
* A second term of AICTE Sponsored Online STTP on “Artificial Intelligence and Applications”was conducted from 9th August to 14th August 2021
* AICTE Sponsored Six Days Online STTP on “Artificial Intelligence and Applications (Term -1 ) ” , from 26/07/2021 to 31/07/2021.
* National Conference on “Emerging Technologies in Smart Systems” , from 28/06/2021 to 29/06/2021.
* Talk on “Campus to cooperate” , by Ms. Hafira M.V.C, QA Lead, Cognizant, New York on 09/07/2021.
* Webinar on “Web Application Penetration Testing” , by Mr. Hiron Bose, Scientist Engineer at CDAC on 08/06/2021.
* The workshop on Introduction to Version Control was conducted by the FOSSCell of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in association with ICFOSS on the 10th of June 2021
* Talk on Design in Everything , by Kiran Padmanabhan, Lead UI designer at QBurst on 06/06/2021.
* Webinar on CS Graduates = Professionals ? , by Mr.Sthanu Ramakrishnan Thambi, UST on 04/06/2021.
* Webinar on ABC of AI, by Mr.Sthanu Ramakrishnan Thambi, UST from 25/03/2021 to 26/03/2021.
* GATE Awareness Program, by Mr.S.MANIMOHN TRINATH, ACE ENGINEERING ACADEMY on 19/02/2021.
* Talk on Are u industry ready? , by Mr. Ajin , Polus Software on 07/11/2020.
* Talk on Cyber Security and the Career Paths, by Mr. Srinivas Chakravarthy on 21/09/2020.
* Webinar on Introduction to the World of Software Testing, by Mr. Balamurali Laskshmanan on 11/09/2020.
* 2 day Webinar on Cloud Computing, by TNC LLC (Theia New Consultancy LLC) from 11/05/2020 to 12/05/2020.
* 3 day Webinar on IoT and it’s Industrial Applications, by TNC LLC (Theia New Consultancy LLC) from 27/04/2020 to 29/04/2020.
* Talk on Emerging Trends in Cyber Security, on 19/02/2020.
* FDP on Role of Machine Learning in IoT Applications, from 02/12/2019 to 20/12/2019.
* Workshop on Artificial Intelligence by Polus Software on 31/08/2019.
* Expert talk on Motivation for Opportunities after B.Tech, by Ms. Neelima Krishnan , Software Engineering, Intel Cooperation, US on 22/08/2019.
* Pre Placement Talk on Hackathon Based Recruitment, by Ms.Sajitha Mohankumar, HR Team , UST Global on 19/08/2019 .
* Orientation for the First Year students by Mr.Ajin Thomas , Associative Director, Polus Software Private Limited, on 07/08/2019.
* Expert lecture on Emerging Digital Technologies by Mr. Gilroy Mathew, Global Head of Semiconductor, UST Global, on 19/03/2018.
*Orientation Session by Mr. Justin George, Technical Lead, Infosys on for First Year CSE students on 02/11/2017.
*Departmental Exhibition on various projects done by the S7, S5 and S3 students on 11/10/2017.
* Five Day FDP on Theory of Computation by Dr. J.Ann Rose , Asso. Prof, CSE, St. Xavier's Catholic College of Engineering, Nagarcoil, Mr. Praveen G.L. , Asst. Prof., CSE, Mar Baselious College of Engineering & Technology, Nalanchira and Nisha J.R. , Asst. Prof., Marian Engineering College for the faculty on 03/07/2017 to 07/07/ 2017.
* Talk by Dr. Reghu P Pushpakath, Director, UST Global Cloud practice on Cloud Computing for the S6 and S8 CSE students on 16/03/2016.
* Training Programme by Career Launcher on Awareness of Career Guidance conducted for the S6 CSE students on7th January 2016.
* FDP on 'Moodle Based Learning Management System' by Prof. Sandeep Chandran, LBS INSTITUTE OF TECH. FOR WOMEN, POOJAPPURA on July 12th, 2016
* A ten day bridge course from 20-07-2016 to 29-07-2016 for the third semester CSE students in 'C' Programming.
* The Department of CSE & IT conducted a Technical Fest 'KRYPTO 2015' on 28th February 2015.
* A three day Workshop on Discrete Structures was conducted from December 2 - 4, 2014. The purpose of the workshop was to prepare the participants for the research expositions.
Classes were handled by experts in the field. Mr. Sajith Pavithran, Associate Professor, LBS, has given expert lecture about Discrete Structures and other sessions were handled by Mrs. Rani Edison, Asst. Professor and Mr. Finny James, Asst. Professor of Mathematics Department from Marian Engineering College.
* The Computer Science & Engineering Association 2012-13 was inaugurated by Dr. E. Baburaj, visiting professor of our department on 27/09/2012. The inaugural session was followed by seminar on the topic 'Research a keynote'. The seminar gave an insight to the various aspects of research methodologies.
* Department of CS/IT conducted a 3-day workshop on 'Learning Management System'from 10th June to 12th June 2013. The course contents were PHP, MOODLE, NFS and Linux System Administration. Experts from academic industry and Research institutions handled the theory and hands-on sessions.
* CS & IT Department has organized a National Seminar on the topic 'Cloud Computing' on 27-02-2013. Mr.Prasanth.N, IAS, Managing Director, KTDC was the chief guest and the speakers were Dr.Kavitha.V from University College of Engineering, Nagercoil and Dr.Elizabeth Sherly from IIITMK, Technopark. Academicians, PG and UG scholars from various colleges have participated in the seminar and presented their papers in the emerging Cloud Computing Technology.
* CS & IT department conducted a faculty development programme for two days for members of faculty, staff and M.Tech students on 'LAMP (Linux-Apache-Mysql-PHP) Technology ' on 18th and 19th of December, 2012. Programme was aimed at providing extensive hands-on training on installing, deploying and managing systems and networks under GNU/Linux. Software Engineers from SPACE (Society for Promotion of Alternative Computing and Employment) formed the core team to handle the theory and hands-on sessions.
* A five day Faculty Program on practical aspects of 'Operating system and Network Programming' from December 2-6, 2013 was inaugurated by Dr.JJV Jeyasingh, Deputy General Manager, MCAD, VSSC. Mr. Shine S, Asst Prof, CET and Mr.Shibu V S, Asst.Prof, MBT delivered expert lectures during the program. Sessions were also handled by Ms.Vidya K S, Mr. Robert and Ms. Nisha J R of our department. This five day workshop aimed at gathering knowledge regarding the recent technologies in networking. Faculty from other colleges attended the workshop with much anticipation and they could benefit from their course. Along with them, our faculty also attended and could upgrade their level of knowledge regarding the concept.
* A National Seminar on 'Big Data Analytics' was conducted on 12 th December 2013 and it was inaugurated by Mr. Sebastian Antony Ukken, Associate Vice President, Nest Technologies and delivered a talk on this topic. Dr.Sivasankar, NIT, Trichi handled the next session.
Dr.Sheeja Agustin, attended FDP on “Exploring Image Processing & Computer Vision using Python” organized by College of Engineering, Kidangoor & sponsored by TEQIP II
Dr.Sheeja Agustin, Ms.Keerthi Krishnan, Ms.Reeja S L and Ms. Nisha J. R, , attended “High Performance Computing & Deep Learning for Image, Text Analysis” conducted by Mar Baselios College of Engineering, Trivandrum
Ms.Reeja S L and Ms.Jyothi Johnson, attended “Block Chain Technology and Cyber Security” conducted by College of Engineering, Vadakara
Ms. Jyothi Johnson attended “Virtual Workshop on Practical Deep Learning” conducted by NI University
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan, Ms.Reeja S L and Nisha J. R attended “Outcome Based Education & Accreditation” conducted by KTU & National Board of Accreditation
Ms. Jyothi Johnson, Ms. Nisha J R, Ms. Ms. Nishley Elizabeth & Ms, Swapna H attended a workshop on 'Cyber Security' at Mar Baselios College of Engineering, Nalanchira.
Dr. Sheeja Agustin, Ms. Reeja S L, Ms. Swapna H and Ms. Jipsy Jose, attended “Self-Adaptive System & Machine Learning Techniques” conducted by Mahaguru Institute of Technology, Kattachira
Ms.Keerthi Krishnan attended “Modern Web Application Development with MEAN STACK” conducted by ICT Academy of Kerala
Ms. Reeja S L attended “Planning & Preparing Proposals for Research Seed Money” conducted by Marian Engineering College, Kazhakuttom
Ms.Keerthi Krishnan attended AICTE sponsored five days online STTP on “Big Data Analytics” conducted by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, College of Engineering Karunagappally
Ms. Swapna H attended “Basics of Writing and Getting Published a quality technical paper” conducted by IEEE SBNIE LIT Calicut
Ms.Nisha J. R attended “Workshop on Generative Adversarial Networks - GAN art 2021 [an advanced Deep Learning Construct]” conducted by NIT Calicut
Ms.Swapna H and Ms.Keerthi Krishnan attended “Research Trends in Social Network Analysis” conducted by SCMS School of Engineering
Ms.Jyothi Johnson attended “Machine Learning with MATLAB”, conducted by NI University
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan attended Short Term Training Programme through ICT Mode on “Design and Development of content for e-Learning” conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), Kolkata
Ms.Jipsy Jose attended “Future Trends of Data Analytics” conducted by Lourdes Matha College of Science and Technology
Ms. Jyothi Johnson “TTT on Java Programming” conducted by Infosys, Banglore
Ms.Keerthi Krishnan attended “Outcome Based Education and Accreditation Processes” conducted by jointly organized by the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering of Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology & Nehru Institute of Technology , Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, in association with Computer Society of India
Dr. Sheeja Agustin has mentored the project “Stock market interpretation & prediction platform using prophet” at the second round of 10th CSI-InApp International Student Project Awards 2021
Ms.Keerthi Krishnan attended FDP on "PRACTICAL DATA SCIENCE" conducted by St Joseph College of Engg, Palai
Ms. Sheeja Agustin, Ms.Mercelin Francis, Ms.Reeja S L, Ms. Nitha L Rozario , Ms. Nishley Elizabeth and Ms.Nisha J R attended AICTE Sponsored Six Days Online STTP on “Artificial Intelligence and Applications (Term-1)” conducted by Marian Engineering College
Ms.Jyothi Johnson attended a two day seminar on 'Psychology of Jesus' at Animation Centre, Vellayambalam on 09/03/2018 & 10/03/2018
Mr. Jose Hormese took a session on the topic 'The Preeminent Teachers' for the teachers of the Fatima Convent English Medium School, South Arayathuruthy, Chirayinkeezhu on 13/01/2018 for enhancing their teaching skills and becoming smart and effective.
Mr. Jose Hormese has Co-chaired a session on 19/01/2018 as part of the 5th Biennial International Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering, Science and Technology at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur.
Mr. Jose Hormese took a session on the 'Power of Positive Thinking, Motivation & Time Management, Prioritizing' for the KCYM Camp - Yuvadeepam 2017 organized by the Kattakada Forane of the Diocese of Neyattinkara at Heera College of Engineering and Technology, Nedumangad on 28/12/2017.
Ms. P V Merlin Shoerio & Ms. Simi Margaret attended the Infosys Campus Connect FDP on 'Internet of Things' at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte,Mangalore from 18-12-2017 to 22-12-2017.
Dr. E. Baburaj delivered a keynote address on 'Data hiding with Soft Computing Techniques' in the Sixth International Conference on Computer Technology and Science ICCTS 2017 held at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore on 9, December 2017.
Ms. Jyothi Johnson attended the 'Train the Trainer Programe' organized by Infosys from 06-12-2017 to 08-12-2017 at Vidya Academy, Thrissur.
Dr. Sheeja Agustin, Ms. P. V. Merlin Shoerio & Ms. Simi Margaret attended a FDP on 'Java Programming' at ICT Academy, Techno Park, Trivandrum from 04-12-2017 to 08-12-2017.
Ms. Jyothi Johnson, Ms. Keerthi K., Ms. Nitha L.R. and Ms. Nishley E.Joseph attended a 1-week FDP on Algorithms in Machine Learning from 18/12/17 to 22/12/17 at College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
Ms. Nisha J R and Ms.Meera Mathew and attended a 3 day FDP on Security and Forensics in Cyber space: Advances and Future Directions from 19/12/17 to 21/12/17 at The department of Computer Science and Engineering ER &DCI Institute of Technology C- DAC Thiruvananthapuram.
Ms. Shiji C. G. and Ms. Reeja S. L. has participated in the 'One day workshop on Cyber Security & privacy 2017' organized by Confederation of India Industry (CII) on 26-09-2017.
Mr. Jose Hormese was the Resource Person of the Awareness program on Study Skills, Life Skills and Motivation for the High School students of St. Roch's High School, Thope, Thiruvananthauram on 28/09/2017.
Dr.Sheeja Agustin & Ms.Shiji attended the IEEE Kerala Section R10 Branch Counsellors Congress on 16-07-2017 at Le-Meridian, Kochi.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan participated in NPTEL Workshop conducted on 22-07-2017 by IIT Madras at T.K.M College of Engineering, Kollam.
Dr. E, Babu Raj attended an FDP on Python Database Integration from 28/06/2017 to 30/06/2017 at Sahrdaya College of Engineering, Trichur conducted by Infosys.
Mr. Jose Hormese also attended a two day International Conference on Skills, Engineering and Technology (ICSET 2017) on the Theme 'Fourth Industrial Revolution : Promises & Perils of Next Gen. Transformation' on 22nd and 23rd June 2017 at Park Center, Techno park Campus, Thiruvananthapuram.
Dr. Sheeja Agustin is the reviewer for the National Conference on Image Processing & Machine Vision (NCIPMV) 2017 conducted by the Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala.
Ms. Nitha L.R and Ms. Reeja S L and attended a 3 day STTP on Cloud Computng & its applicationsfrom 17/02/16 to 19/02/16 at UCK, Karyavattom. On the third day there was an Industrial visit to Kerala State E- Governance Data Center, Thejaswini Building, Techno park Campus , Trivandrum.
Ms.Merlin Shoerio and Ms. Simi Margaret attended 'Train the Trainer Program on Fundamentals of Python Programming' as part of Infosys Campus Connect at Nehru College of Engineering & Research Centre at Pampady from 14/03/2016 to 16/03/2016. The Sessions were handled by Mr. Hari from Infosys.
Ms. Reeja S L and Ms.Sheeja Agustin attended a seminar on 'Impact of Cloud Computing in IT Industry', organized by Network Systems, Trivandrum on 11th June, 2016.
Ms.Merlin Shoerio and Ms.Mercelin Francis attended a 5-day FEP on 'Mobile Application Development' using android from 20th to 24th June 2016 at Adi Sankara Institute of Engg. & Technology, Kalady as part of Infosys Campus Connect. The Sessions were handled by Mr. Hari from Infosys.
Ms.Reeja S L, Ms.Sheeja Agustin and Shiji C. G attended a 3-day FDP on 'Principles and practices of Parallel Computer Architecture' from 7th July to 9th July 2016 at Mohandas College of Engineering & Technology, Trivandrum. The classes were handled by Dr. John Jose, IIT Guwahati,Mr. Binu, RSET and Mr.Febin P. Jacob, COE, Thrikkapur.
Mr. Jose Hormese attended a 5 Day Short Term Training Programme on 'Open Source Tools for Computing' conducted by the Dept of Computer Science and Engineering at Government Engineering College, Thrissur from 11th to 15th July 2016.
Ms. Reeja S L & Ms.Sheeja Agustin attended IEEE Kerala Section Branch Counsellors Congress on 2nd August 2016 at Hotel Abad Plaza, Kochi. The major deliberations of the congress were
a) KTU Regulations and Professional Society Activities with Hon'ble VC of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
b) Discussion on IEEE Student Activities with IEEE Kerala Section Chair DR. Suresh Nair.
c) Information on funding and fund release procedures by IEEE Kerala Section SB Chair Mr. Sabarinath
d) Information on Kerala Section Society Chapter Activities
Ms. Jyothi Johnson and Ms. Keerthi Krishnan attended a five day Faculty Enablement Programme on 'Big Data Analytics' at Infosys, Manglore from 22-08-2016 to 26-08-2016.
Ms. Nitha L Rozario attended a National workshop on 'Advanced Internet of Technologies' on 07-10-2016 and 08-10-2016 at Technopark.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan, Ms.Sheeja Agustin and Ms. Sunitha Sattended a three day workshop on 'Internet of Things' (IOT) organized by IEDC and supported by Kerala Startup mission held at Marian Engineering College on 14-07-2016 to 16-07-2016.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnanparticipated in a five day workshop on 'Speech & Text Processing' sponsored by TEQIP II during the period from 08-08-2016 to 12-08-2016.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan participated in a two day day workshop on 'Network Security' organized by Department of Information Technology, Govt. Engineering College, Barton Hill, TVPM from 07-10-2016 to 08-10-2016.
Mr. Jose Hormese, has attended a two day 'Computer Vision' Workshop on 10/11/2016 and 11/11/2016 at the Computer Science and Engineering Department at Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur
Ms.Jyothi Johnson attended a five day Faculty Development Programme on 'Essential Mathematics for Engineering' at Kerala Technical University from 28-11-2016 to 02-12-2016.
Ms.Jyothi Johnson, Ms.Sheeja Agustin and Ms. Sunitha S attended a five day Faculty Development Programme on 'Free & Open Source Software' at SCT College of Engineering, Pappanamcode from 13-12-2016 to 17-12-2016.
Dr. E Baburaj attended a five day Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on 'Foundation Program (FP) 5.0' conducted by Infosys campus connect team from 19-12-2016 to 23-12-2016 at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte, Karkala Taluk, Udupi District, Karnataka
Ms. Sheeja Augstin & Ms. Jyothi Johnson. attended a STTP on 'Research Report Writing using Latex'. from 15th to 19th December 2014 at CET, Trivandrum
Ms. Sunitha S, Ms. Reeja S L, Ms. Sini S Raj, and Ms. Nisha J.R attended a five day Workshop on 'Machine Learning Algorithms & Tools' from 5th to 9th January 2015 at CET, Trivandrum.
Ms. Sheeja Augustine & Ms. Merlin Shoerio attended a five day Workshop on 'Image and Video Processing using Mat Lab' from 10th to 14th February 2015 at IIITMK.
Ms. Sheeja Augstin attended a two day Workshop on 'Medical Imaging, Cryptography and Satellite Imaging' from 20th to 21st March 2015 at IIITMK.
Ms. Mercelin Francis & Ms.Sajni Nirmal attended Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program conducted by Infosys at Infosys, Mangalore from 15-12-2014 to 19-12-2014.The Workshop had many hands-on sessions and theory handled by experts from Infosys on Focus Area 1 (Computational Problem Solving & Object Oriented Programming in Java), Focus Area 2 (Relational Database Management System), Focus Area 3 (Web Technology) as a part of Campus Connect Program.
Ms. Mercelin Francis & Ms. Simi Margaret attended Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program conducted by Infosys at Nehru College of Engineering & Research Center, Pampady, Thrissur. from 16th to 18th March 2015 . The course mainly dealt with Focus Area 1 (Computational Problem Solving and Object Oriented Programming in Java) as a part of Campus Connect Program.
Ms. Mercelin Francis attended a Short Term Training Pro-gramme on 'Linux Based System Administration and Network Management' organized by Computer Science Department of College of Engineering. Trivandrum during November 26 - December 1, 2012. Experts from academic institutions, industry and research handled the theory and hands-on sessions.
Ms. Lekshmi V S attended a seminar on 'Women Entrepreneurship' as part of Women's Day Celebrations at Park Centre, Techno Park on March 8, 2014. She attended a Faculty Development Programme on 'Application Development using Java' from 27-11-2013 to 29-11-2013 organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, TKM College of Engineering, Kollam and she also attended a National faculty development program in 'Entrepreneurship' at Techno park from 9-12-2013 to 21-12-2013.
Ms. Sajni Nirmal attended the Faculty enablement program on Foundation Program (FP) 3.1 at Infosys, Mysore DC from 27th to 31st January 2014. The objective of the FEP was to share the experience and learning methodology of Infosys with the partnering college faculty members. The training program also offered a networking platform to the partner colleges leading to a mutual learning experience. The focus areas were FP Deployment Process, Module Coverage (ICS, OS, PST, P&T, OOC using Java, RDBMS), Integrated Project using JAVA and Oracle, Assessment Methodologies - CAMP Model, Tools Exposure - Raptor, JUNIT & Moodle - Tool to be used for online assessment in college. The next step is a Peer enablement Program to build a strong core team in our college, in computer science department and enabling the core team members, making them fully aware of the complete FP 3.1 content, process, camp guidelines, significance of usage of case studies etc.
Ms.Keerthi Krishnan, Ms.Sheeja Agustin, Ms.Mercelin Francis attended a workshop on 'Parallel Computing Using CUDA' at College of Engineering, Trivandrum from 14 th to 16 th March, 2013.
A two day ISTE sponsored workshop on 'Research Methods in Education Technology' was attended by Mr.Jose Hormese , Ms. Sunitha S, Ms. Keerthi Krishnan and Ms. Jyothi Johnson at Mar Baselios Engineering College on 2-02-2013 & 9-02-2013.
Ms. Sheeja Augstin & Mr. Robert. S attended a three day Workshop on 'Sprucing up Mobile Applications using Android' from 3rd to 5 th February 2014 jointly organized by Nehru College of Engineering & Research Center, Pampady, Thrissur.
Ms. Nisha J R & Ms. Swapna H attended a Faculty Development Programme on 'Compiler Design and Optimization Techniques' at LBS, Poojapura from 13-01-2014 to 18-01-2014.
V. G. Sreena, D. N. Ponraj et al., "Comparative Analysis of Deep Learning Models for Covid- for Multi-Disciplinary Research and Applications (CENTCON), Bengaluru, India, IEEE, 3rd March 2023.
Ms.Ann Mathew presented a paper “ A Study of Pulmonary Nodule Detection in CT Images Based on Deep Learning” International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Engineering and Applied Sciences(ICETEAS2023) at Noorul Islam Centre for Higher Education on 12th and 13th April 2023.
Ms.Hema. S. Mahesh presented a paper"A Survey Paper on Adenocarcinoma Detection Using Deep Learning Methods," 2023 International Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Technology (ICIET), Muvattupuzha.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan and Ms.Reeja S L suceesfully completed NPTEL Online Certification on “Programming in C” with “Elite” certificate
Ms.Dhanya L Successfully completed the online NPTEL Certification on Introduction to Internet of Things of IIT Kharagpur.
Ms.Dhanya L published a paper “An Optimal Differential Evolution Based XGBClassifier for IoMT malware classification” in the Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Intelligent Computing and Applications , IEEE Explore and she also presented a paper on “An Optimal Differential Evolution Based XGBClassifier for IoMT malware classification” in AICAPS 2023: International Conference on Advances in Intelligent Computing and Applications , conducted by CUSAT ,Feb 1-3,2023.
Dr.Aswathy S U had four International SCI indexed publications and she had patent on Water Management Technology: Under Smart City Waste Water Management Using IoT- Based, Machine Learning Technology. (Patent No: 202041055915)
Ms. Reeja S L presented a paper “A studyon Vision Based Activity Recognition Approaches” in 3 rd International Conference on Modelling& Simulation and Optimization CoMSO 2022 held during 21-23, December 2022 organized by National Institute of Technology,Silchar,India.
Dr.Mercelin Francis published paper "Smart Farm-Care using Deep Learning Model on Mobile Phones" on Journal "Emerging Science Journal"
Dr.Merelin Francis presented a paper "Deep Weight:A Semi-Autonomous Food Weight Billing System using Deep Learning" in International Conference on Control. Communication and Computing (ICCC) conference conducted at CET and was published in IEEE. The Authors :- Ashley Titus,Mahesh U S, Nandu Krishnan G, Dr.Mercelin Francis
Ms.Reeja S L published IEEE paper along with our students Mr.Visakh Bobby,Mr.S Praneel, Mr. Gokul Krishna S, Mr.Athuljith A S 'EBICS: Even Blind I Can See, A Computer Vision Based Guidance System For Visually Impaired' and also Visakh Bobby, .S Praneel,Gokul Krishna S,.Athuljith A S of S8CSE and Ms.Reeja S L presented a paper EBICS: Even Blind I Can See, A Computer Vision Based Guidance System For Visually Impaired on 2023 International Conference on Control, Communication and Computing on 19-21 May 2023 and they also published the paper in IEEE Xplore on 04 July 2023.
S Praneel,Akhil Krishna U, Athul S George, Ananya Kurian of S8 CSE and Dr.Sheeja Agustin Presented a paper in 2023 International Conference on circuit power and computing technologies.
Ms. Jyothi Johnson presented a paper “A study on computer science perspective to fingerprint traits in forensic science” in the National Conference (NCCSE) at NI University
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan registered for PhD under QIP in Anna University Chennai
Ms. Mercelin Francis was doing her PhD under QIP at Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai - affiliated to Anna University. She submitted her synopsis report and is in the final stage of thesis submission.
Ms. Swapna H & Ms. Nisha J R registered under Abdul Kalam Kerala Technological University as research scholar
Dr.Sheeja Agustin A, was External Judge in ACME(Paper Presentation)
Dr. Sheeja Agustin was the Technical Reviewerin IEEE International Conference on "Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems 2022(IEEE SPICES 2022)
Dr. Sheeja Agustin got the grade of IEEE Senior Member ,this membership is an honor bestowed only to those who have made significant contributions to the profession.
Ms.Jyothi Johnson completed NPTEL Online Certification on “Programming in Java” with “Elite” certificate
Ms.Swapna H completed NPTEL Online Certification on “Applied Natural Language Processing”.
Ms. Keerthi Krishnan appointed as the Exam Observer on behalf of the Online Degree Program launched by IIT Madras
Ms.Jyothi Johnson, Ms. Nishley Elizabeth and Ms. Sajni Nirmal successfully completed the three day Train The Trainer program conducted by Infosys
Dr. Susan Augustine, PATENT , in "WATER INUNDATION CATASTROPHE MONITORING ALERT SYSTEM " , in 2019.
Dr. E. Baburaj, delivered a keynote address on 'Data Hiding with Soft Computing Techniques', in the Sixth International Conference on Computer Technology and Science ICCTS 2017 held at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore on 9 December 2017.
Ms. P.V. Merlin Shoerio and Ms. Simi Margaret, was recognized as the SILVER Partner Faculties 2017 under Inspire - The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model.
Dr. Sheeja Agustin, was appointed as the Technical Committee member and reviewer for the National Conference on Image Processing & Machine Vision (NCIPMV) 2017, conducted by the Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala
Mr. Jose Hormese, has co-chaired a session on 19/01/2018 as part of the 5th Biennial International Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering Science and Technology at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur.
Dr. E.Arun published a paper 'An Effective Resource Management in Cloud Computing' in International Journal of Communication Networks & Distributed Systems Vol 18/ 2017 and he also published 'An Augmented Routing Algorithm for Trusted Detection of Link Failures in MANETs', 'Quality of Service Aware Code Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks' in Springer & DJ Publications and he also published a paper 'A Novel Algorithm for Load Balancing in Mobile Cloud Networks: Multi-Objective Optimization Approach' in Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, November 2017, SCI indexed.
Ms. Mercelin Francis & Ms. Sajni Nirmal Ms.Simi Margaret was recognized as BRONZE Partner Faculty Under Inspire - The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model.
Keerthi Krishnan, Associative Professor has published a paper titled 'Recommending Top Research Categories to Naive Researchers' in International Journal of Control Theory and Applications.
Ms. Sheeja Agustin has been awarded PhD in 'Information & Computer Engineering' from Noorul Islam University.
Mr. Jose Hormese, has presented a Paper on 'The Christian Contribution to the Development of Church Schools' at the Two Day National Seminar organized by the Christian Study Centre for Cultural and Social Changes under the University of Kerala on March 26 and 27, 2015
Mr. Jose Hormese, Associate Professor in the Department of CSE has got admission for PhD (Part time) at NIT Durgapur.
Ms. Nitha Jino secured IIIrd Rank in M.Tech Software Engineering (CUSAT)