Innovations in Teaching and Learning
- The department is keen in implementing innovative tools and practices in the teaching and learning process , so as to ensure a qualitative learning experience.
- The practises followed in the department are
- Power Point Presentations : Faculty make it a point to conduct PPT enabled classes with videos and detailed pictorial representations for better understanding. All classes are well equipped to facilitate presentations.
- Industrial and substation visit: Every academic year Industrial visits are conducted relevant to some core courses, the students submit a short report on visit and gets better knowledge , beyond the classroom.
- Project lab : The department project lab has disassembled machine parts and project works of previous batches. This helps the students to understand the various components and construction of Electric machines
- Technical Exhibitions: Technical exhibitions are conducted during Department association Inaugural day , this encourages students to do project works with prototypes.
- Clubs and Association Activities: Association activities includes technical Quiz ,Paper presentation, talks by students . Also IEEE student chapter , Mechatronics Club besides enhancing their organising skills and technical knowledge also introduces to them , new tools helpful for research and project works .
- Multiple choice questions : MCQs are really helpful for content based knowledge. Students are given MCQ type questions as classwork .
- Department Library :, Library is equipped with various competitive books , enabling students to practice MCQs.
- online courses: Encourages students to do online courses , gives an overview about NPTEL platform , and various courses in it ,and also announces dates of commencement of various courses.
- Group study: Encourages and motivates students to do group study. Helps them to form groups and assign students to help each other.
- Student presentations: Students are encouraged to do presentation in the class. The topics of presentation are given well in advance
- Mentoring : Staff Advisors of each classes communicates well with students regarding academic as well as personal problems and helps them in analysing their academic progress .