The Institution of Engineers(India)Kerala State Centre is a professional body organisation started functioning from 1947 onwards and has completed 69 years of yeoman service to all Engineers both academic and practicing.The Kerala State Centre is conducting technical talks every Wednesday. IEI Kerala State Centre has got a very good technical Library with books of various branches of Engineering and technical periodicals.AMIE classes and GATE coaching classes are regularly conducted. Technical workshops, seminars, Technical exhibitions, National seminars on various engineering branches are frequently conducted.Marian Engineering college formulated this committee in the year 2018.This Institute became an Institutional Member on 16th March 2018. It helps to strengthen the students to practise GATE coaching classes, conduct exhibitions, seminars, workshops which is exposed to public also. To attend technical classes frequently is a good practise. This committee mainly aims that also. An interdisciplinary attitude adds on to their growth in career.
- Dr.Ruby Abraham (Principal, MEC)
- Prof. Manu Mohan (Asst.Professor,ME)
- Prof. Sreena V. G. (Asst.Professor,ECE)
- Prof. Kannan K. (Asst.Professor,CE)
- Prof. Valsa Basil (Asst.Professor,EEE)
- Prof. Reeja S. L. (Asst.Professor,CSE)
Actions carried out
Webinar on Structural Strengthening and Rehabilitation including Foundation Strengthening was delivered on 22-6-2021 by Er. S. Anwar Hussain, who has worked in KHRWS, CPWD, Irrigation Department and LSGD. He was the pioneer in field of structural strengthening and rehabilitation in the department. 96 participants attended the talk. The talk, which lasted 2 hours including QA session, covered different methods of repair. Mr Anwar dealt in detail several case studies like school buildings, bridges, foundations and post flood reconstruction.
Webinar on Infrastructure Development – Role of Kerala PWD was delivered by Ms Darlene C D’Cruz, Chief Engineer, PWD, Kerala. The talk was delivered on June 19, 2021 and was attended by 73 participants. Ms Darlene C. D’cruz explained about the roads in Kerala, Role of PWD, initiatives for modernisation, important projects, major challenges and modern tools used by PWD. Ms D’Cruz also talked about skills needed for Civil Engineers, and opportunities available.
- Webinar on Quality of Concrete – Quality Assurance and Control of concrete for Design and Durability requirements was delivered by Prof Rajayogan Palanichamy, F.ASCE President India Section Southern Region. The talk was delivered on 17-12-2020 and was attended by 65 participants from different colleges in Kerala. Prof Rajayogan explained the concepts of quality assurance, quality management, QMS, sustainability and mix design
- Mr. Gopalakrishnan Nair, Chairman, State Centre of IEI inaugurated the Civil Engineering student chapter of IEI on 27 jan 2020. Er. Jose Kurian (Senior Advisor,KIIFB) delivered a technical talk on “ Planning Design and Construction management of Signature Bridge, Delhi on the same day
- An interaction with Er.Asok Kumar K FIE,(Honorary Secretary,IEI) and Er. N Rajkumar FIE(Past Chairman,IEI) by the students was conducted on 24.10.2018. Students were informed about the activities and necessity to be a part of a professional organisation and how to use for their growth.
- The Kerala State Centre conducts technical talks every Wednesday which is open to all students of our institute to present their papers and attend seminars.
- IEI Kerala State Centre has got a very good technical Library with books of various branches of Engineering and technical periodicals which the students can refer to.
- AMIE classes and GATE coaching classes are regularly informed to students, prior their announcements.